Nothing quite says Christmas like a warm spiced glass of mulled wine. With so many to choose from how do you know which one is going to be any good? Well the Māzú Resortwear team have been busy this festive season trying and testing several mulled wine recipes to bring you the best!
- 2 clementines
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 200 g caster sugar
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 fresh bay leaves
- 1 whole nutmeg , for grating
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 bottles Chianti or other Italian red wine
- 2 star anise
- Peel large sections of peel from the clementines, lemon and lime using a speed-peeler.
- Put the sugar in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the pieces of peel and squeeze in the clementine juice.
- Add the cloves, cinnamon stick, bay leaves and about 10 to 12 gratings of nutmeg. Halve the vanilla pod lengthways and add to the pan, then stir in just enough red wine to cover the sugar.
- Let this simmer until the sugar has completely dissolved into the red wine, then bring to the boil. Keep on a rolling boil for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until you’ve got a beautiful thick syrup. The reason I’m doing this first is to create a wonderful flavour base by really getting the sugar and spices to infuse and blend well with the wine. It’s important to make a syrup base first because it needs to be quite hot, and if you do this with both bottles of wine in there you’ll burn off the alcohol.
- When your syrup is ready, turn it down to a low heat and add your star anise and the rest of the wine. Gently heat the wine and after around 5 minutes, when it’s warm and delicious, ladle it into heatproof glasses and serve.
Māzú Resortwear approved!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in News
Is Bali on your list of places to visit? Or have you already been and are looking for a new experience? We've put together our favourite 3 spots in Bali for a quick weekend getaway.
Are you been taken down by a case of the January Blues? Well why not try these scientifically-proven ways - they're worth a try right?
Some of the details may change, but year in and year out, these destinations around the world have a well-deserved reputation for traditionally being the best places to celebrate New Year's Eve.
For Māzŭ Resortwear's sizes, please see below:
SIGN UP NOW TO RECEIVE 15% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER! HAPPY NEW YEAR!